Diesel storage tanks were used in drilling site as a container to reserve diesel or other liquid. There are so many factors should be consider before purchase. Here is the main factors:
- Type of tank: floating or fixed roof.
- Operational constraints: entry or no entry.
- Insulation or no insulation.
- Riveted or welded.
- Other parameters such as number/size of wind girders.
- Size of tanks: diameter and height.
- Cost of auxiliary and support services necessary such as power supply, scaffolding (if required).
- Cost of stripping and reinstallation of sections of insulation where and when required.
- Ultrasonic thickness measurements, if required, as part of calibration.
- Cost of bottom surveys where and when specified.
- Availability of calibration contractor locally or on-site proximity to minimize travel costs.
- Calibration work done on a straight-time basis or on overtime basis.
- Number of tanks available at any given time.
Related PDF: Guidelines in volumetric calibrations
Some diesel tanks we manufactured.