Shale shaker screens installation requires minimal time or effort. Prior to shipment, some shale shaker manufacturers won’t install shaker screens to protect screen panel. Then shaker screen installation will be effected by users. And, if the original shaker screens are broken we have to replace them also request us to install new screens. If you do not follow these basic steps, the result may be poor screen life and solids bypassing into the active system.
Every 4 hours check for torn screens. Repair or replace if necessary
Demount (obsolete) Screens From Shale Shaker
- If mud is circulating, open the backtank bypass valve or divert mud to the other shaker.
- Wash down the screens while the shaker is running.
- Shut down the shale shaker.
- Remove the screen wedge on each side of the basket for the screen being removed. Each pre-tensioned screen on the shakers may be removed individually without removing the others.
- Place the screen wedges outside the basket in a safe place so they cannot fall into the sump of the shaker or into the mud tanks.
- Remove the screen panel.
Wash down the screen support area prior to installing a new screen.
Install (new) Screens From Shale Shaker
- Replace worn or missing screen seals, screen supports and crown rubbers. Shale shaker screen seals must be replaced in pairs and crown rubbers in sets.
- Carefully lay in the new pre-tensioned screen panel.
- Install the screen wedges in the designated slots on each side of the basket.
- Check to see that the screen is straight across the basket and is engaging the retainer pins
(current configuration) or is behind the retainer plate (obsolete configuration).
- Tighten the screen wedges using a non-sparking hammer or pry bar.
- Check that the screen wedges are tightly secured.
Based on shaker screen installation way, Aipu provide almost screen in oilfield. The hook strip screen, including metal back bonded, plastic bonded, and un-bonded screen. Also the flat and corrugated panel. The blocked screen including the steel frame and composite frame screen. Furthermore, the polyurethane screen including hook strip and wedge blocked type.